Environmental Engineering study program aims to enable students to perform jobs related to waste management, sustainable development, monitoring and environmental protection using new technologies.
The objectives of Ecological Engineering study program are:
- that students master the current knowledge and skills in the field of monitoring the state and environmental protection, sustainable technological and economic development of the society, energy efficiency and ecological acquisition and rational energy consumption, waste management, possibilities of its use and ways of safe disposal; ways of preventing and reducing the harmful effects of different economic branches on the environment;
- to qualify professional staff that will be the holder of the adoption, implementation and control of the implementation of normative acts that determine the area of environmental protection;
- to enable students to work in teamwork on environmental issues.
By mastering the study program Ecological Engineering students acquire general and subject specific skills:
- to apply the principles of environmental protection;
- to know the properties of different types of waste materials;
- to apply national and European legal regulations;
- to collect and interpret data obtained in processes related to environmental protection;
- to propose measures to improve environmental protection procedures;
- to use his knowledge in the field of ecological engineering in a professional way;
- to participate in multidisciplinary projects in the field of ecological engineering.
After completing basic applied studies in Environmental Engineering students are awarded the title of Engineer of Environmental Protection of Applied Studies.