The aim of the study program Multimedia Engineering is to train students in the field of multimedia and modern communication technologies and digital television.
Goals of the study program Multimedia Engineering
- to enable students to deepen, improve and integrate knowledge as well as to apply acquired knowledge in solving specific tasks and problems in the field of multimedia and telecommunications, thus gaining the foundation for career development and advancement in the profession;
- to transfer general and professional knowledge, to develop creative abilities and to enable students to master specific practical skills in the field of multimedia technologies, modern communication technologies with emphasis on communication technologies in digital television;
- that students acquire advanced theoretical and practical knowledge that will satisfy the current and future needs of employers in the production, educational and service activities in this field;
- that students acquire basic theoretical and practical knowledge used to produce audio, video and multimedia content at a high aesthetic and professional level;
- that students acquire basic theoretical knowledge of the technologies used for the production of distribution, diffusion and reception of radio and television signals;
- that students gain advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of using the device across the entire technical chain from the original scene (sound or visual) to the device for reproducing the received signal;
- that students acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge needed to identify and solve problems in the systems for production and transmission of audio, video and multimedia content;
- that students acquire advanced knowledge necessary for the construction and design of systems for the production and transmission of audio, video and multimedia content;
- to enable students to independently monitor the development of the area, to develop the ability of critical thinking, to acquire the skills of research and analysis, and thereby gain the basis for research and development in the field of multimedia engineering.
- Competencies of graduate students:
- development and application of basic knowledge in specialized areas of multimedia engineering with knowledge of all phases of implementation;
- identifying and solving problems of multimedia engineering;
- keeping pace with the ongoing development of modern systems of multimedia engineering;
- understanding the legal, ethical and social implications of multimedia engineering projects;
- efficient multimedia communication;
- efficient functioning in a multidisciplinary environment;
- training for advanced maintenance, exploitation and installation of multimedia and communication subsystems and systems, which is reflected in the ability to quickly and effectively solve practical practical problems in this field;
- self-monitoring of the development of the area, that is, the introduction and installation of new technologies. Special emphasis is placed on theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of signal systems and technologies.
Acquired professional title
After completing master applied studies in Multimedia Engineering, the student is awarded the title of Master Applied Engineer of Electrical and Computer Engineering.