All students activities are rated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS), so that each semester is awarded 30 ECTS credits. The basic applied studies last for three years, that is, six semesters and they award 180 ECTS points. The studies were conducted in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian. The study program is realized within the field of technical and technological sciences, the field of Electrotechnical and computer engineering.
After completing basic applied studies, a student is appointed a title of engineer of information technologies and systems (Bachelor appl.).According to the National Framework of Qualifications of the Republic of Serbia (NFQRS) the completion of basic applied studies is achieved at the sixth level, sub-level one (level 6.1). The condition for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 4 of (NFQRS) and passed general, professional or artistic graduation.
Teaching and exams
Teaching is performed using one-semester courses. Students activities during the semester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar work and homework, are scored. The ratio of the number of points earned in pre-examination and exams is determined for each subject individually, with pre-examination obligations participating with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are placed in the School within the appropriate exam terms, which are: January, February, June, September and October. By completing preliminary exams and taking the exam, a student can earn a maximum of 100 points, with a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9 and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomes
Information Systems study program aims to enable students to design, realize and implement information systems, as well as to apply modern information and communication technologies in business.The objectives of Informational Systems study program are:
- training for design, implementation and administration of information systems;
- training for designing and developing software applications for clients' needs, including dynamic web-based electronic stores;
- training for e-business implementation activities in companies, financial sector, local and state administration and public services;
- training for design, implementation and maintenance of computer networks;
- planning and implementing marketing campaigns through various advertising channels, including the Internet;
- training for management of small and medium sized enterprises, financial sector and public services.
By mastering the study program Information Systems, a student acquires general and subject specific skills:
- to follow and apply modern software tools and techniques;
- for the design, implementation and administration of information systems;
- to design and implement Internet apps;
- to integrate knowledge in information technology, electronic business, management and marketing;
- to successfully manage the enterprise;
- to analyze complex electronic business systems and to develop a business plan with risk analysis;
- to analyze complex electronic business systems;
- for designing, publishing dynamic web sites;
- for team work and business communication with people of other cultures.
Continuation of studies
After completing basic applied studies, a student can enrol in specialist applied studies or master applied studies.